Welcome To: The Duncil Family Blog!

Monday, November 30, 2009

Sillyness and Play Time

Ella just keep getting older and older on us! Each day she does something else that just blows our mind, by learning something new, saying something, or just questioning everything! She is usually spotted around the house, wearing her PJ's (she likes to wear pajamas, who am I to question that?) carring around her cup 'o Ilk (aka, milk)/ Uice (aka, Juice) or Warar (aka, Water). She is still a huge Dora, Blues Clues, and Jacks Big Music Show fan. Ella will find anything in the house that she can make music out of, from a stack of laundry she pretends to play the bongos, from her tummy she pretends to play the drums, and so on.. Coloring has also become a favorite activity, she makes sure everyone is invloved in color time, she will even go as far as to stick the pencil/crayon/marker in your hand and tell you to draw a star/circle/square/heart/bannana/christmas tree, just random things that come to her ever-working mind.  She has also become a big fan for cooking, and loves to help out whenever possible.



Claira is 3 months old now and really taking everything in, she is very observant and very cuddly. I just can't believe how social she is, she is always willing to stare at a new face and is always "all-in" when it comes to grabbing something she is interested in, for example: our drinks, remote controlls, sister, moms hair, shirt collars, and whatever else fits inside her hand and then her mouth. I like to say that Claira will be the shopping buddy I have always wanted because she likes to go shopping, but lately car rides haven't been so fun, I think it's because she can't really interact with people while we are in the car, but im not quite sure, and I really hope she grows out of it soon! Claira has such a sweet disposition, and a strong personality, teething right now is pretty hard on her, but she is doing great, and growing more and more!



Claira has an endless gallery of silly faces
I snuck into the living room one afternoon and caught Ella playing mommy to one of her stuffed animals (note: she does own several dolls, but for some reason she doesn't like to play with them since baby sister came along, maybe they seem too real to her!) it was so cute watching her pretend to do her whole bed-time routine to her stuffed pig.

We had the whole routine, from tucking him in, to reading a story, and as soon as Mr. Piggy was asleep she got up and did a little dance. I am so lucky to witness moments like these!


So, I've decited to do a funny/embarassing story about Brad and I:


I attempted to quit soda, once again this month, and once again, I had a weak day and reached in the fridge for a can. Karma was not on my side, the can fell and landed on the top of my big toe, you know, that little bone right on top, it broke,...yeah...it hurt like heck. Luckily I had already had my fun night out and didn't have to wear boots or heels for awhile yet. It healed up pretty darn quickly, there isn't much you can do for a broken toe, I already knew from experience you see, because, I broke the other one September 11th, 2001. Well at least they match! It feels much better now, except when Brad forgets about it and steps on it, but hey, what are husbands for right? ;)



Brad switched from night shift to days when Claira was about 2 months old, and if switching shifts wasn't hard enough, neither of us were getting much sleep. I was nursing at the time so Brads job was to get up when she cried and change her diaper so i can nurse her. I asked if he had changed her, he gave me a very tired nod and crawled back into bed. The next morning I discovered that she had been changed but, he had forgot to take the old diaper off before putting the new one on so she litteraly had 2 diapers on, one over the other. Haha! I couldn't help but tease him. I think it was only a week or so after that night, that I got up in the middle of the night with her and changed her diaper, the next morning I realized that I didn't fasten it at all and it was just staying put by her sleeper...Oh-Well!




"Lala and NiNi" Ella and Eowyn, As Ella says "It was a way-great-playdate!"

The Girls are doing wonderful, and so are we! Holidays here we come!!

No comments: