I've noticed some downright strange things have been happening around our house, not all at once mind you, and nothing HUGE, but collectively, it leads me to believe something -odd- is going on around here..(I'm creeeped out thinking about it..)
Thinking back, I believe it all started around the time I was pregnant with Ella, so maybe a little over a year ago. I started to hear this noise, not ordinary house settling noise, it sounded like someone was getting out of our bed upstairs and walking to our closet, OK, that in itself isn't the weirdest part because, who-knows, maybe a raccoon was in the attic or something right? Well, the weirdest thing was is that I would hear it at the same time, every night, and I was home alone. Usually at 7:20pm or 10:20pm, and even if I was upstairs, I would hear it, but it would be different, somewhat like someone was walking around in our closet. So, this isn't so weird, Brad heard it, dismissed it as a "noise" not house settling, not an animal, maybe the house was sinking? I don't know. This alone didn't freak me out much.
Something else started to happen a couple months ago. I was home alone (yay for me!) Ella and Brad had gone to the store. I was in the process of getting dressed when I noticed the baby monitor was on and the lights were "lighting up" meaning that there was a noise in her room, I turned up the volume and heard breathing, hard breathing, like someone was gasping for air right against the receiver, it's wasn't static, wasn't interference, no breeze, no fan was on, and no one was in her room when I ran to check. It felt WRONG, it felt like something was OFF. I can't describe it any other way, but... -odd- and creepy, creepy, creepy...I kind of forgot about it until...
Ella and I were cleaning up her toys for the day when all of a sudden I heard glass break upstairs. I put her in her swing and went to investigate. I found a votive candle holder, 1 of 6, that I had lined up on my bathroom counter and fallen straight off the counter and broke. The window was not open, the counter is not slanted, the candle that fell and broke was in the middle of the line, and it had to of been pushed from behind to fall straight to the floor, the only thing is, is that behind the candle is a wall. It happened around 7:20pm.
Freaked out yet??....just a little? There's more...
Ella and I we're playing on the floor one evening, I snapped some pictures (of course) Ella seemed like she was pre-occupied with something, she kept looking around at something, I didn't realize until I looked at the pictures on the computer that she was looking at some kind of light, now I showed Brad, he can tell the exact spot where I took the pictures, there is nothing for the flash to reflect off of, no weird lighting mishap, and I took several pictures in sequence and the following picture is the only one with the weird light thing, no smudge on the camera lens. Also, there is some weird light spot on the carpet if you look close you can see it, I inspected that area, there isn't a spot or a stain there, I will let you be the judge..
She kept staring at something....
Again, she's looking and even reaching for something...
OK, here is the aftermath of her poking me in the eye...lol...I thought I would add a little lightheartedness to this freaky blog.
So, I am not sure what's going on! Just in time for Halloween! Hopefully whatever it is will leave us alone, I want to stay a skeptic, but everything is so darn WEIRD, what do you think?
.jpg)
2 comments:
wow, that sounds awesome and creepy. But just remember, even if it is something supernatural maybe its something nice?
When I used to help my mom deliver newspapers at 4am every morning there was this ONE apartment complex that was made entirely of concrete. SOmething about it was just wierd and I always felt like I was being watched. But not just by anyone, by a werewolf, I was in and out of that place like the WIND every morning lol.
Hey Ang,
It's nice to see what's happening at your house. It's been a while since I checked your blog. Ella is so photogenic! Is she feeling better? How are you? And Brad? The new kitten is so cute. You are very brave. The pic you posted about Ella reacting to your new rules reminds me so much of Trevor.
I wish I could give you advice to help her sleep at night. I just don't have any. Hopefully she'll catch on soon. Your creepy haunted post freaked me out. Especially now that I'm alone and it's dark and, and...I've just got to forget about it. Weird.
Love you lots.
Wend
Post a Comment