Welcome To: The Duncil Family Blog!

Friday, February 27, 2009

25 Interesting (maybe)Things About Me


So, this is a game that I haven’t exactly played by the rules. Apparently, you are supposed to make a list of things that are interesting about yourself after you read the list of person who tagged you. I’m guilty of reading everyone else’s lists, finding them interesting, but not making one of my own! So after being tagged several times I felt guilty enough to make my own…I can’t promise it will be interesting though, it’s actually quiet hard!

1. I probably have O.C.D when it comes to cleaning and organizing, I can’t sleep if I see something out of place and I am constantly straightening things.

2. When I was little I would pray every night that by some miracle I would wake the next morning 5 inches taller…ok maybe sometimes I still do this.


3. In college I had the biggest crush on this guy, a friend and I finally approached him one day and asked him to bring a friend and we will double date. Turns out his “friend” ended up being his long-term boyfriend, I was the only one in the state that didn’t know he was gay…and I had 2 classes with him and the rest of the semester…

4. My favorite material thing in the world is my Labeler!

5. I’ve actually un-intentionally thrown a bowling ball backwards, luckily I didn’t hit anyone (but I did mess up my manicure).

6. My dad calls me “Typhoid Mary “because I am always sick with something!

7. I have the amazing ability to trip over my own feet, up the stairs, and well pretty much anything, I’ve even slid down the stairs on my bum in the A building at Everett High, I was mortified…

8. A group of guys painted my parents lawn with shaving cream during my 15 birthday party. One of those guys became my husband 6 years later, (no, I didn’t know).

9. I LOVE books and I will read just about anything as long as it doesn’t make me sleep.

10. It is physically impossible for me to yell loudly, I have no idea why!

11. I live in the Seattle area and I can’t eat fish (or stand the smell) and I STILL can’t swim despite swim lessons, parasailing, jet skiing, inter-tubing, and rafting.

12. When my brother and I were younger he used to follow me around and bug my friends and I. One day we were playing house I told him he could play with us I tied him to a tree told him he was the “dog” and I left him there in the rain. I’ve never lived this down!

13. I had to take Algebra 3 times!!!!!!!! I still am mathematically challenged.

14. After getting married in Vegas I was asked to “go to a party” by some guys that happened to be walking by, the funny think is that I was still in my wedding dress.

15. I own countless pairs of heels but I never manage to wear them longer than an hour at a time, and I waste so much energy cursing how they make my feet feel…

16. My fly has been down-in public- more times than I can count, and usually I am the one to notice after hours of being out...

17. I used to be a clothes snob, until I realized baby puke looks worse on expensive clothes.

18. I pronounce “once”, “pen” and “pool” weird and everyone points it out to me.

19. Spelling always came easy to me, I placed really well in many spelling bees but I probably have miss-spelled about 500 words in this list because my brain and fingers work at different speeds. Don’t even get me started on my run-on-sentences.

20. Cops make me nervous, even thought I am not a criminal and I don’t do anything illegal!

21. I WILL go crazy if I am not allowed to go down every aisle of every store I enter, for some reason I feel like I will miss something...

22. I am a female and I don’t like to talk on the phone or gossip…I KNOW right?

23. OK, so I have a heart, I get sad when I see homeless people, hurt animals, ext. But for some weird reason (don’t judge!) when I see someone get ran over in movies or on TV I crack up! For example: The movie: Meet Joe Black, when Brad Pitt dies by getting ran over, I was the only one in the theater who laughed!

24. My weirdest job was being a Bakery Sample girl at Albertsons, try being a 16 year old girl sampling warm apple pie with whipped cream on Super Bowl!

25. In Business 101, I won the “Doughnut Store Simulation” meaning, my (simulated) store brought in the most revenue! Yay! I got a great grade and the wonderful feeling that someday I can be a successful Doughnut Store Owner, Whoopeee!!! It actually embarrassed me more than anything…

No comments: