Welcome To: The Duncil Family Blog!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Claira is 5 Months!


Our little Claire-Bear is growing so fast! I sort of just want her to slow down alittle! When Ella was a couple months old I remember thinking, "Man, how long before she rolls over/feeds herself/walks/etc." but with Claira it's all just flying by so darn fast! When we get caught off gaurd in public and someone asks us how old our darling little baby is both of us usually get that "deer in headlights" look and have to think back because to us, she was born just yesterday! Socializing is Claira's most favorite activity, and I know that I am spoiling her by holding, playing, and cuddling with her all the time but I can not help myself, and Claira knows that. Sooner rather than later she will be a Daddy's Girl just like her sister, so I must get my loves in now!

The left hand picture is evidence that I do work on Tummy Time despite Claira's objections, and the right hand picture caputred the elusive "huge-open-mouth-smile" that she so generously gives us.


So far, the Tummy Time thing isn't going over so well. Claira isn't a fan of being on her tummy but, roll her over anytime and she's a happy camper. I have come to the conclusion that she will probably end up crab-walking before she rolls over or even crawls. She is content just to watch Ella play around her and sometimes include her in the fun. Sitting has also become something that Claira isn't all that good at yet but we are woking on it!



Ella and Claira Duncil, I promise Ella did not punch her sister in the face as it appears in the second picture, it just looks that way ;)


Ella is more helpful and more independant every day! When her baby sister cries she does her best to quiet her by saying "Are you OK? You're OK! All Better!" and pats her head, it's so cute! She can now point out most things in her books and asks "What's That?" all the time, it can be kind of repetative at times, simply because she usually asks it several times before she says "Oh, it's a  __" but at the same time, I am so happy she is learning at such a quick pace!  Ella is very musical, I am sure i've said this before, but she can hear a melody once and pick it right up, she may not know the words right off the bat but she makes her own up! 


Both girls got Minney Mouse dolls for Christmas, it was a great way to tell them that they will be meeting the real Minney in October! Ella was thrilled, she loves Minney and Mickey, and I couldn't pass up the photo opportunity!

No comments: