Welcome To: The Duncil Family Blog!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Last Days Of Summer!

So summer is almost over!! I have to admit, I am pretty darn sad about it! We've had a great time though. It's hard to believe we will soon be buying winter coats and once again mommy is going to over-dress Ella every time we head out doors! But first, let us focus on whats been going on around here! Of course everyone Brad works with wants to see little Ella, so we went as a family to his work picnic, and Ella didn't hold out, she showed off her love of Popsicle eating.

She also made sure everyone saw what mommy had packed in the diaper bag, she stood up and very carefully threw out everything she could grab. Also, she smiled, and batted her little eyes at any little kid that passed by, in hopes that they will play with her.

Ellie and I are usually on our own in the morning time while daddy gets some sleep, most of the time we spend it on the floor playing, reading, and taking pictures (after at least one cup of coffee of course!) Ella's new favorite activity though, is to crawl up the stairs and go straight into our bedroom and wake daddy up, I think this is the cutest thing ever....poor daddy tries to act happy about it!


We've all come to realize that we have a little thrill-seeker on our hands, and this is good news to mommy since she won't have to worry about riding on amusement park rides with the "sensitive stomach Brad" it's also good news to daddy because he loves to throw her up in the air, bounce her, or hold her upside down....really anything that will make her laugh or smile, but I do have my concerns....


...such as the above picture...this could have been disastrous!

Also, we've learned that no matter how educational, expensive, or brightly colored, if Ella can't sit in/on it ,it doesn't usually grab her attention, hence the Pampers box...so much for the expensive toys.... now this is what I call cheap entertainment.


Ella is now very proud of those teeth she popped out, she's in the process of cutting her two top front teeth, although, one is down a lot farther than the other, so sometimes she has a cute snaggle tooth smile!

This is such a Bradley expression, it makes me laugh so much! It also reminds me of this funny thing she's been doing lately: she scrunches up her nose, squints her eyes, folds up her lips and breathes in and out loudly through her nose, almost like she smells something terrible! She does this all the time, everywhere! We're loving the reactions we get from strangers when she does it!


Bath Time!!! It used to be Ella-Bella favorite time, but ever since she's been in the big tub, she's not a fan...I think it's because she can't soak mom or the entire kitchen anymore!

The above photo is a prime example of Ella's new amazing talent, it took her exactly 1 try to master the stairs, now I am pretty sure she tries to sneak up them AT LEAST 50 times a day! I have a heart attack every time, and all but tether her to me because our stairs are SCARY even for those well accustomed to them! I guess it's about time to invest in some heavy duty baby gates for stairs!
Here I am taking Ella for one of our walks, enjoying the last of the September sun...

She has boundless energy, so we go for plenty of walks, visit the park, and go on marathon shopping trips! I have a feeling we are going to be enrolling this little one in some extra circular activities when she's old enough!

Much to our delight she has become an expert at standing and "cruising" with minimal damage to her noggin, we are hoping sometime soon we will get to see her walk! (mommy thinks it'll happen when no one is looking so she can perfect it first and walk around when we least expect it!)While we were driving to the beach, Ella watched me apply lip gloss with great interest, I offered her some and low and behold she puckered up, I put some one, and she smooched her lips together, like she has been doing it for years!!! I snapped the above pic right after, she is defiantly going to be a girly-girl! Yay!!

Recently, I have been watching our friend Kristian's daughter Makayla, who is 3 1/2 years old, during the day, Ella loves the new found friend and living play-toy, she loves to watch her eat, watch TV, play, and talk, but doesn't like it when she tries to pick her up or treat her like a baby.

We go to the park, and have Lot's of fun while it's still nice out, of course, Ella has to hit the swings, both her and Kayla love the swings!

I like to call this one: "I really don't know how I got this messy mommy!!" She loves her lasagna, especially when she gets to smash it between her fingers! (Thank god someone invented plastic!)

Well folks, we are signing off for now, there is plenty more to come later!!!! Aah the many fun adventures of life with a 10-month old!!! Remember to leave a comment for us if you've visited!!

1 comment:

The Huffmans said...

As always, I love your pictures. Ella is such a cutie pie! I can't beleive summer is almost over either! Makes me want to get out and go for a walk with my kiddos, then I remember the last time I did that Makayla ended up riding in the storage compartment of our stroller because she got "tired." Ha ha! Love you guys. Hey, how's your dad? Is the strike affecting him?